The Aleutian Pribilof Island Community Development Association (APICDA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, is seeking a dedicated individual to fill the role of Community Liaison Officer (CLO). The CLO is the local APICDA representative in the community. The CLO is responsible for announcing, posting, and assisting residents with jobs, scholarships, internships, school grants, and other programs offered by APICDA through the CDQ program. This position is required to engage the community through attendance at community meetings as APICDA’s representative and offer monthly activity sessions for the youth. This is a contracted position with APICDA, with a monthly stipend for work performed. CLO terms are for one (1) year.
- Post announcements and advertisements from APICDA office.
- Assist residents with applications and contacts for jobs, scholarships, and miscellaneous grants.
- Coordinating and conducting monthly community activities for the youth.
- Providing timely, brief human interest or community interest news articles by dates and times acceptable to APICDA for inclusion in its newsletter.
- Providing assistance in communications between APICDA and the local residents of the community, and the local fishermen's association. You will be required to submit a summary with your monthly report on activities discussed at the fisherman’s association.
- Attending bi-monthly CLO meetings
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferred. Must be a member of the local community, living in the community year-round, and must maintain a local, permanent residence. Prior working experience in the fishing industry, native organizations, and/or non-profits preferred.
This is a non-benefited position.
$1,000 per month
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
APICDA is a non-profit dedicated to strengthening local economies and building infrastructure to support commerce in six remote villages in the Aleutian-Pribilof region of Alaska:
* False Pass.
* Nelson Lagoon.
* St. George.
We focus our efforts on community-based initiatives, advocacy, vocational training, education and social programs that have been identified as high priorities. The APICDA board and staff work closely together to achieve our strategic objectives and leverage our resources for maximum benefit to our member communities.
APICDA’s corporate headquarters is located in Juneau. Our CEO, Accounting, Payroll, Tech Services, Quota and Government Relations departments are located in the corporate office. Administrative, Communications, Programs, Operations & Safety, Tourism and Human Resources are located in the Anchorage office. APICDA has operational activity and services in all of our member communities to include vessels, heavy equipment, and boat storage.
Company Website: www.apicda.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)